Who requires VISA
Travellers entering Thailand need to obtain a visa according to the purpose of their visit. However, nationals of the following countries may enter Thailand without visa or eligible to apply for visa on arrival for a certain period of time, and for certain purposes, as follows:
Summary of Countries and Territories entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand (updated on 26 December 2016) Please click this Link.
Nationals of the following countries/territory entitled to a 30-days visa Exemption:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, Demark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States of America.
VISA on Arrival
• According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from 19 countries and territories may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.
• The applicant must possess means of living expenses at the amount of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.
• The applicant must possess a passport with at least six-month validity and must present full paid ticket which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry
• Visa on arrival is provided at 42 designated international checkpoints and applicants should submit the application form duly filled out and to which his/her recent photograph (4 x 6 cm) is attached. Starting from 27 September 2016, Thailand, by the order of Ministry of Interior No. 30 B.E. 2559 (2016) dated 1 July B.E. 2559 (2016), will increase it VoA fee from 1,000 to 2,000 THB.
• By the Order of the Ministry of Interior dated 30 November B.E. 2559 (2016), starting from 1 December 2016 until 28 February 2017, Visa on Arrival (VoA) fee will be decreased from 2,000 THB to 1,000 THB. This is applied for applicants of the nationalities which are entitled to apply for the VoA at the designated immigration checkpoints.
• Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120. Tel. 02 287-3127 http://www.immigration.go.th
For information about visa application in your country, please check with your nearest Thailand Embassy or Consulates.
For the main source, please visit: https://www.thaiembassy.sg
For any enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +65 6590 3970.