Last year saw over 450 entries from 123 hospitals to the annual Asian Hospital Management Awards (AHMA). 45 hospitals were triumphant that night – will your hospital be recognised for your successes?
Small healthcare facilities may not feel that they are on par with large hospital chains when it comes to innovation due to a much lower budget for investing in technological enhancements. However, there are ways to innovate hospitals in cost-effective ways which may even aid hospitals to reduce overall costs in the long term. That is one of the objectives of AHMA – to showcase how hospitals can maximise their current resources for the improvement and help reduce costs for their patients.
AHMA will honour winning hospitals at the Gala Dinner held during the Hospital Management Asia conference on 12 September in Hanoi, Vietnam. Hospitals submitting before the early bird deadline on 30 April will receive two free entries, each worth 70 USD.
As the early bird deadline draws near, here are our top tips:
1. Read the rules
- Make sure that you read those all-important Rules & Regulations before submitting your entries!
- For example, you want to ensure that you don’t exceed the word count. We receive hundreds of entries every year; concise entries have an upper hand.
- You will need to supply attachments as part of your submission. Ensure that the CEO Certificate form is also included – it is a compulsory document for validating your submission.
- Speaking of attachments, you can only submit documents in these file types: .pdf, .doc, .ppt, .xls and .jpg.
- Submit on or before Friday, 31 May 2019 at 11.59PM (SGT). Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Don’t exaggerate, lie or include false claims.
- If it is discovered that there is any plagiarism in your entries, they will be disqualified.
2. Be clear and concise
- Provide a solid description of your project with a good story to stand out from the rest.
- Numbers win – please give us concrete facts and figures!
- Avoid jargon, unexplained acronyms and copy-pasted content. Plagiarism is not acceptable.
Start writing your entry in Word format and send it to your hospital’s best writer (e.g. the Corporate Communications department) for proofreading and copy editing.
- Please check for spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes to ensure a good quality submission.
3. Include supporting documents
- Ensure that supporting materials back up your claims in the main submission.
- Relevant facts and figures from reports are best. Testimonials from satisfied stakeholders are also welcome.
- You may include a cover letter with an argument to convince the judges that your entry meets the criteria best.
4. Manage your time and manpower
- Assign someone in your organisation as the coordinator – responsible for collecting information, contacting referred patients, consulting colleagues, checking facts, chasing up, writing the initial draft and keeping an eye on timeline and deadline. Don’t forget, early submission by 30 April 2019 (GMT +8) entitles you to two free entries!
- Submit early – the online form is already available! Last minute submissions may impact on the quality of your entry.
- The process of writing your entries and preparing supporting materials may take longer than expected, especially if you need to get approval.
Don’t fall victim to Murphy’s Law – “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong”.
5. Study the categories and learn from the best!
- Take a look at the AHMA Legacy E-books and winning entries for AHMA 2018 featuring the previous winners.
- Increase your chances of winning by entering as many categories as you see fit for your project. Study the categories and criteria here.
We look forward to checking out your exciting projects. Fill in this form to download the awards brochure, and share it with your colleagues!