The digital age is upon us. Mobile apps, robots, telemedicine, electronic health information systems, AI and many other technologies are shaping the way care teams treat patients. More and more hospitals are embracing digital transformation and adopting a culture of change.
But in Asia, many hospitals are still working towards becoming truly ‘connected’. According to Forbes, healthcare lags behind nearly 80% of other industries in innovative technology adoption, and in fact is at the bottom five across industries. This, however, is slated to change in the next three years.
Other than improving patient outcomes, leveraging on Healthcare 4.0 will help hospitals address global operational challenges. They will be able to connect to an ecosystem that includes academia, investors, healthcare start-ups and even their local communities to improve the healthcare industry as a whole.
Hospital Management Asia, the region’s leading conference for hospital leaders, C-level management and other change-makers in healthcare, brings this ecosystem to life. This learning-led summit will present case studies by future-ready hospitals and solutions providers, creating a forum for Asian hospitals to connect, network and collaborate.
The Healthcare 4.0 track will be focusing on topics such as the use of technology and systems to improve patient safety, health outcomes and the patient experience. Click here to download the latest agenda.
Current confirmed speakers in this track include:
- Dr. Junichi Taguchi, Chief Medical Director, Tokyo Midtown Clinic / Director, Center for Advanced Medical Science and Technology, Tokyo Midtown (Japan)
- Mr. David Thomas Boucher, Chief Business Transformation Officer, Bumrungrad International Hospital (Thailand)
- Dr. Kaushik Banerjea, Director Medical Services, Portland District Health (Australia)
- Dr. Mohamed Hamdy, Group Chief Operational Officer, Al Salama Hospital (UAE)
- Mr. Russel Withers, Global Chief Information Officer, The Aga Khan University Hospital (Pakistan)
- Mr. Nitin Navish Gupta, Vice President, Strategic Finance, Max Healthcare (India)
And if your hospital has embarked on projects leading to Healthcare 4.0 in your community, join the Asian Hospital Management Awards for a chance to be honoured with an accolade for innovation. The early bird special of submitting TWO free entries (each worth 70 USD) will be ending tomorrow, 30 April 2019, 2359h (Singapore Time).
The prestigious awards ceremony will be held during Hospital Management Asia 2019. The conference will be held from 11 to 12 September 2019 at the National Convention Centre in Hanoi, Vietnam. For more information, click here.
Original article: https://govinsider.asia/health/hma19-healthcarerevolution/