Mr John Punnoose
Chief Executive Officer, Muthoot Healthcare (India)
With more than 30 years of experience in Healthcare, John Punnoose is currently the Chief Executive Officer for Muthoot Healthcare India, flagship Healthcare Division of the $3 Billion Muthoot Group and was formerly the Chief Executive Officer of Royale Hayat Hospital, Kuwait and Chief Executive Officer (Operations & Management) Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd, India.
An Honours Graduate of Delhi University, he is an alumnus of Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani, India and the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India. He is also the 2007 Fellow, Centre for Social Innovation at the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University, USA.
John has extensively travelled across 40 countries and has experience of working in a wide spectrum of healthcare delivery and services models in the public, for profit and non-profit healthcare sectors. For the last few years, his passion has been developing the health care sector in his home state of Kerala and supporting initiatives for strengthening the medical emergency response system in the country.
Some of his notable International and National projects include:
- Organisational Restructure of a 100 bedded Luxury Woman and Child hospital in Kuwait.
- Operational management and quality improvement program for a 100 bedded secondary hospital in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Due diligence of a 1000 bedded Public hospital in Bucharest, Romania as part of a World Bank(IFC) sponsored Privatisation program.
- Advisory services for a new Cancer hospital in Central Kerala, India.
- Advisory services and Start-up CEO for a Diabetic and Ambulatory Centre in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (Promoted with US partners).